Do you care for a disabled child?

Your council can offer help if you have a disabled child, such as:

  • financial help, including money towards travel to hospital
  • holiday play schemes
  • care at home
  • short break services
  • some aids and adaptations

Read More

Error 404 page cannot be found

Sorry this page is removed or cannot be found

Your council is supposed to offer services as outlined in the Children Act 1989. Some are free - the council can ask you to pay for others, however. If you think your child qualifies, get in touch with the social services within your local council.

A social worker can then talk to you about the requirements of your family, for example:

  • education
  • social care
  • health